Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day ~ in Flowers




This is the only creative thing I've done for a week:


this was my sample for the kids

For Mother's Day, the students painted a water color floral arrangement. Ginny inked in their artwork lines, and we put them into a black 8" by 10" art mat.


Wednesday was Teacher Appreciation Day, and I was blessed with this pink miniature rosebush, a bouquet of peach Gerbera daisies, and this sweet orchid.


Lydia's church had a beautiful Ladies Tea today, her pastor's wife and the women of the church had made the church gorgeous, with borrowed teapots, cups and dishes, tea cozies, everything!! It was over the top, and a blessing to attend.






The floral arrangements with the lilies came from there today, they sold them at the end and we were happy to purchase.




When we came home, Larry had these roses waiting for me on the counter.



It's a garden in the kitchen! I love the blooms everywhere. Tomorrow, I'll be directing the Ladies Choir in the morning service, we're praising the Lord with our "joyful noise"!
I'm hoping you all have a wonderful Happy Mother's Day!

bpSignature2

19 comments:

  1. Wow Pokey..looks like you have a flower garden in your kitchen! All well desrved since you're one lovely lady.

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day, Pokey! Enjoy all those lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are sooooo beautiful, hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful! I thought I heard a "joyful noise" coming from your direction. Happy Mothers Day to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful display of flowers! Have a wonderful day today, Pokey. Best wishes to Lydia as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mothers Day my sweet Pokey. I got a Marigold plant from my grandson and today, we are going out to plant it together! Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful flower drawing. I bet your house smells wonderful with all delightful flowers. Have a lovely Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how beautiful and it must smell amazing!!
    Are you an ART teacher. I am so jealous! I can't draw a thing and it really bugs me when it comes to my quilting. I have to drag my daughter into drawing my designs. UGH!

    Happy Mom's day to you! and BIG HUGS to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice that you are being over run with flowers on this day.
    Happy Mother's Day
    I hope you had a great day today. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stumbled on your blog and couldn't resist reading what you have to say. I was also a second grade teacher (my favorite grade out of all I taught!) who is now a quilter.
    The flowers are gorgeous. What great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, your flowers are beautiful! Thank you for coming over to my blog. I am so happy you did because now I can come over to yours. I was a teacher too, before I retired. I would have loved to see your students' artwork. It sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love cut flowers in the house! and You sure got some flowery love! So Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to see that you were spoiled with flowers on Mother's Day!

    Hugs to you...

    p.s. the silhouette is posted on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How nice! Lots of color and greenery to liven up the house. Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is so much fun to receive flowers. Happy Belated Mother's Day! I got flowers today from my husband. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Pokey, I would be thrilled if one of my kids made a watercolor flower arrangement for me. Adorable and very sweet idea!

    Goodness you were blessed with so many beautiful flowers!

    I would love to see you direct the Ladies Choir! I know it would be a sweet sound and I can just picture you up there with the biggest smile ever. =]

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohhhh...your mothers day flowers are very beautiful! So happy to see that you were spoiled with flowers on Mother's Day! Hope you had an amazing day, Pokey! thanks for this sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your garden looks very very nice & flowers are looks good by Revathi

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey