Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Last Night's Zipper Bag


A clean table is inspiration. I needed to sew buttons and button holes on Larry's Christmas present (does anyone else wrap up almost-done gifts? eeks!) and I had extra of his brown print. It became the lining to a project I've been trying to get to since summer.

You can find the tutorial here, called the Straight Sided Triangular Cosmetic Bag. I just call it cute! so cute, there is another one coming along nicely beside it!



I also strengthened the outer fabric with fuseable fleece. I think I could have used a lighter weight interfacing, but I used what I had on hand. I purchased the zippers at the thrift store, for 29 cents apiece! I could not believe almost $2 apiece at Joann's, part of the reason these were not attempted before now. Is that silly? I save on every bit I can.



Doesn't my Larry's shirt make a nice backdrop? *smile*

Nat is celebrating her one year anniversary with a giveaway of her sweet, made with love heart ornaments. Go sign in as a follower, and see her neat creations. The giveaway is for January 3rd.

Happy Quilting, Pokey

12 comments:

  1. Love your Polka dot bag, is that "Love" fabric?? Good for you for saving on the zippers, what a great find. I've seen zippers at the thrift store and never know what size I need. I would love to make a couple of these bags for gifts. Thanks for sharing the pattern link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little bags, I made a few using a Tilda pattern very similar.
    They make cute little gifts.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting my giveaway on your blog. I just sign-in as your follower. I love the little bag you made - thanks for sharing the tutorial - hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cute. Thanks for sharing the link for the tutorial. I never seem to find the good stuff on my own :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry's shirt for a background was perfect. He may find squares cut out of it for a future quilt. The little bags are so cute. Your new years list is wonderful. I can't wait to see some of them finished. Last year I made a list of my unfinished projects and was a little overwhelmed with how many there were that were so close to being completed. It was so fun to see the pile go from the almost done to completed. Now to start many more. Have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful little bag, thanks for the link, and loved that you visited my blog....Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. Did you make the pattern yourself? If so, can I have a copy? Thrift stores are one of my favorite places to buy zippers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bags are lovely -- very pretty fabrics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! Very cute. Happy new year! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute bags, love it. I had to laugh when i read your blurb, 4000 crafting blogs, and i thought i read a lot! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey