Monday, December 21, 2009

What's on the Frame



Today, Lydia and I are doing a joint effort on completing Christmas gifts, my first official day out of school -hoorah! She has table runners that have been waiting for me to "load" them on the frame. Why does it seem to take so long to put a project on the frame, but not so long to sew it? I think it is just more fun to do the sewing!



These have different backs, but we stitched them together so that we could put four runners on at once. I used white thread for all to keep it easier. The two brown ones use the same fabrics, but it was pretty neat to see how the black frame made such a stunning change. I also quilted it with blended styles, as it is going to a gal with a little more modern flair. (click to enlarge) Now, Lydia has the job of binding them! She's finishing the green one as I blog. . . .


"
This is my Christmas version of "Ticker Tape" finished and given to our preacher and his wife. These are really a fun break to the fine matching of points and seams! (She had it displayed with the backing side up; it was a beautiful backing, do you think she didn't care for the raggedy look? lol)



I have a few more of these planned, for those fill in sewing times, when you just want to have a good time finishing something.

More to do, I guess I better get going!

Happy Quilting! Pokey

6 comments:

  1. What a smart way to get alot done, four at once....love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Christmas table runner......
    You have been busy!
    I hope to work on the ticker tape top soon too :0)
    But I never thought of a theme mine is VERY scrappy.

    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. What quilting setup do you use? I do small pieces that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those table runners are lovely and the quilt looks like a fun one to do with scraps. Congratulations on your win over at the Fat Qtr Shop.. Woo Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be an honor to have this.. It is beautiful. I also posted something about you on www.welovequilting.com/blog I hope you do not mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooough a Christmas fabric themed "Ticker tape!" Love it!

    I'm curious, did you load it all on your longarm then quilt around the blocks? I don't have a long arm but did think of that as I was making my little small doll sized one a few months ago.

    Love from Kentucky! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey