Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Two Year Tradition at Christmas...

We are visiting the hospital again this year... Larry is in the hospital for another surgery, bless his heart. The poor guy never regained his strength from last year, his endurance waned, he was tired all the time. The last 2 months found him with an upset stomach, and then he started a low grade fever that would come and go. He didn't go to the Dr. until I insisted that fever was not a normal state.

Our Dr. said it was gall bladder disease, since he was showing symptoms and was hurting where he was. We tried a natural remedy with good results, actually, but the pain did not go away, and he still was with a low grade fever every other day it seemed. On Thursday, December 15, that was it. He was admitted into the emergency room, then into the hospital. It took blood tests, IV's with strong antibiotics, chest x-ray, ultra-sound, ekg's, and finally a CT scan revealed he had a good sized abdominal abscess located right under where his gall bladder is located.

They chose to make an incision and insert a drain tube. Interestingly enough, the abscess was right where last year's drain tube was placed...hmmm-m....

We are hoping he can come home soon, but until then, I guess you know where I'll be, and why I've seemed absent... I love that man, I hope he gets to feeling stronger... he said he's feeling old. :-(

We laughed yesterday when he and I were walking around in the hospital. I was telling him I wondered what this place looked like when it wasn't Christmas. The lobby is decorated with huge trees and greenery, and the halls and nurses stations all have their own touches. The outdoor gardens are full of the most beautiful red and white poinsettias. There is even a decoration on each door.

A little cheer for everyone this time of year.



bpSignature2
"And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." II Corinthians 12 :9,10

21 comments:

  1. Oh, Pokey! So sorry to hear this news. But it's good he's in good hands, and they've found the root of the problem. Isn't it nice that they decorate for Christmas. No one wants to be there this time of year, but if you are..........

    Hugs and prayers for a healthy new year in 2012 for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear about all this, but finally some answers. I suffer from daily fevers. The docs just don't know what is wrong. I've had test after test. We shall see. I'm getting another rheumatologist for a second opinion. have a nice christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Pokey...all my best wishes and prayers are coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Larry is back in the hospital, but he must 'get fixed'! He can't go on like he has been. I guess if you both need to be there, it might as well be cheery and pretty to look at! God's speed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that your Larry is back in hospital again, hope he is feeling better soon at back home where he belongs.
    Hugs
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh NO! I was hoping you were just busy having fun!
    I am so sorry to hear this, yes somehow all the
    "stuff" did not drain last year or there is a blind pocket hold onto something that does not belong there!
    will Larry be home for Christmas?
    I sure hope so, I'll be praying for you both.

    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings to you both. I wish Larry a speedy recovery and I wish you both peace and a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing Larry a speedy recovery. I just went to the hospital this morning to see my sister who had surgery. They had it so prettily decorated for Christmas. It not a place anyone wants to be but it sure is good to have them when needed. I wish you both the best. Have a very Merry Christmas. Blessing Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about Larry being in the hospital again! May the Lord heal him quickly...No need to respond. Focus all your time and energy on your dear husband. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all for starting your own traditions, but that's a little crazy. ;) I hope Larry's feeling better and out of there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for Larry, and you too. Your Bible verse is spot on! It's the same verse that God gave me for endurance during the long illness of a dear family member. God WILL hold you up, even when you think you can't face another day! His promises are true. Merry Christmas, Pokey. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Larry is fully recovered soon and that 2012 is a year of blessings of good health for your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope he feels much better soon! I imagine the hospital is beautiful this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! So sorry to hear that Larry is in the hospital. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sorry. I've actually been dealing with something similar with my toddler. It's kind of scary. Currently he's fine but if he gets sick again they are going to have to do more tests. It's been 6 weeks of feeling bad for him! Hugs to you and Larry and a Merry Christmas if we don't chat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Pokey, I am saddened to hear that your Larry is back in the hospital. God bless you both and I pray Larry is healed and home in record time. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry Larry is dealing with this challenge! (And it does make you wonder if the original tube was contaminated!)
    I hope he is feeling better and home soon so that you can truly enjoy this blessed season!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Pokey I am so sorry to hear about Larry. Good that you can laugh about being at the hospital this time of year again. I'll keep you both in my prayers for a speedy recovery and back home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry, Pokey! I'm beginning to think Christmas just isn't good for your husband. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry to read this, Pokey! I know Larry and you will both feel better when this is all over and done with, but such terrible timing, right? Though I guess there is never a good time, really.

    Hope he's much better soon and you guys get back home ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a tradition that should end this year! Hope Larry's feeling better and that you don't have to hang around the hospital for too long.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey