Sunday, May 2, 2010

On the First Day


It's Sunday, the first day of the new week. The l-o-n-g-e-s-t--- week -of -school is over!
I'm glad that:
  • every student in my class was represented on Open House night!
  • every student had their own lighthouse made at home, and brought in for the week.
  • we had ten little chicks hatch and peeping away
  • almost every bean plant sprouted for the kids
  • we survived jogathon in the 80 degree heat, summer's coming
  • huh?
  • oh, yeah, summer's coming!
In other Davis household news:
  • the insurance company "totaled" the car
  • we "bought" it back (crazy, it's ours, but we had to pay to keep it)
  • we now call it the creepy car, but it's drivable still
  • (with a screwdriver instead of a key, lol)
  • Larry has extra work to help with those ever-widening ends (the ones you try to make meet)
  • more blessings: sweet words of encouragement from you out there, thank you!




On the creative front:
  • helping with Ginny's first quilt-so cute!
  • went to the TLC Guild Quilt show yesterday and enjoyed the talent showcased there
  • measured the quilt for its borders ( I feel so slow!)
  • cut the first border, pinning it on today-!
  • still waiting on the ruler
  • cut more black and white for the floral prints (hexagon quiltalong)
I'll leave you with my most recent photo fun, fabric color!

I'm hoping to show some of these things in progress, meanwhile, hope you all have a blessed Sunday, and a great week!


Happy Quilting,
Pokey

9 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. Sounds like fun! Got your message yesterday, your phone# didn't register on my cell:(. Stop crying, please, it is only CD's, not a new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics you are working on there! And good news about your car. I think? Maybe the best of all possible solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear school is out. I hope you have a WONDERFUL summer. Maybe no one will ever steal Mr. Creepy again (hope not). I do think you have got "the best" attitude! Your fabric is absolutely, absolutely beautiful!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! The car situation is probably the best solution. We have the second car we need for now, with 3 of us working about 25 miles from home, and all on different time schedules, it's creative at times!
    No I have about 6 more weeks of school, I'm just saying it's a downhill run from here! I'm hoping I'm up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an eye catching bunch of pretty fabric! Enjoy working with those yummy prints! And keep hanging in there! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabrics. Lori will love them too. She loves quilting. I am so sorry about the car, but I guess it still runs - good. I am getting excited about seeing you folks soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hexagon fabric looks great! Love all that black!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your car. Hope all goes well with it. Your fabrics are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We bought back our own car too, once! All that was damaged was the front bumper, but it cost more to repair than the old Honda was worth. DD drove it for two more years and then we sold it for about what we paid originally :)

    Love all the fabric play you're having there. Lots of pattern and color!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey