Monday, February 22, 2010

Out of the Blue

Whims. don't you love them? I call them "wild hairs", too.

I have been kinda busy with other things, creative things, but not sewing.


Larry cut, I painted and attached the baseboards Saturday with the
help of our good friends, the Pates. (this is Karl, my 'son' by friendship!)
Larry and I moved the furniture in after church Sunday.
Last night, I started taping off the door facings, and my sweet Larry said,
"Don't paint. You have tomorrow off from school. Sew. The other things can wait."

Uh, um. . .Okay!

This morning, that whim thing happened, here's the 'blue':


I am having some cutting fun.

Meanwhile, that SewCalGal Darlene shared another wonderful fabric designer Lila Tueller and her wonderful giveaway. She has made a quilt.

It is out of her new fabric line, Eden. . .


it has dimensional beauty with little ruffles, mm-mm-m. . .


Go check it out for yourself, there are more yummy pictures. . .

Happy Quilting,
Pokey

8 comments:

  1. The flooring is beautiful. To have such great friends and family to help makes it all the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of him to tell you to sew....sooooooooooooooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a guy...my sweetie calls me a quilting queen...sends me away all the time...ya think he wants rid of me?
    Just kidding...it's so nice to be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have lots of fun with your out-of-the-blue project, Pokey - looks good! :-) Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful DH of yours to tell you to going sewing! Thanks for sharing the giveaway - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flooring and the wall color. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've been busy, the floor and baseboard are looking good. Nice of dh to tell you to sew, the blue fabrics are beautiful. That Lila Tueller has some lovely fabrics. Already signed up, but thanks for the heads up just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pokey, I know how hard it can be sew while working full time! I think being a teacher would be exhausting and you are one special lady! I love the floors and the base boards, it feels so good to get things done and doing it with someone makes it even more special. Steph

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey