Thursday, February 18, 2010

Home Again

Quality of character is a gift to ever seek after. I am so blessed to call these people My Family.




We all worked to get a new floor in, all of us feeling new pains today, but work is a good feeling. The floor is beautiful!! It is a Hickory laminate. We have been on the concrete for about a year, and this is so nice to see instead.






When you see us all crawling on the floor, remember, Papa is 75, Mom is 80. Both of them have their next birthday this May. When I grow up, I wanna be like them!

Larry and I will be trying to put in the baseboards and moving our furniture back in this weekend.

Larry's folks went home early today. I do not know why God has us so far away from them in miles, but I am glad they are ours.

Let's see, while they were here, we also quilted a lap sized quilt, made a yo yo Christmas tree, changed out a few locks, fixed a door, watched a few movies, learned a few more crochet edge stitches for pillowcases, went to M& L Fabrics(!), cooked some awesome good food and made homemade ice cream.

On the quilting front, getting that quilt top quilted is one more finish for my ten for 2010 goals. Man, I feel I'm slower than molasses in the winter! But it is a finish. And, remember my goal of Moda "Swell" in Rosewillow's "Too Good to Cut" challenge? Well, I'm seeing this:


made up in one of these:
Don't you love it when a plan comes together? I LOVE this book! I see a few quilts coming out of this one. . . .

Happy Quilting,
Pokey



15 comments:

  1. What a great post! I too would love to as good as your parents! The floor looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I borrow Larry's parents??? The floor looks great. I really love the chair in the background of the first picture....did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like you might need a rest after having those energetic visitors. I know I would!

    Nice to see all the fun projects that you did together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog. You are right it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you are so lucky to have such talented inlaws...can't imagine being on the floor putting down flooring when I'm 80 yrs old.

    You must have been so tired watching them...grins and more grins

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floor looks great- you will love it! Have fun spending that extra $190 on fabric (savings from the reading/sewing glasses!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful having your parents. They are such good worker,,Love them each day as it goes so quick..
    Maggey
    The floor is awesome too.............

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new floor! It looks great! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love to read a blogger post appreciation for parents; you are so blessed to have these two gems. Looking forward to seeing your quilt top, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were lucky to have such energetic help putting in your new floor! Yes, I wanna be like them when I'm 80!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet post! I think my dad has installed more flooring, fixed more cabinets and drywall since he turned 60 than he did when he was "younger" probably because now both his daughters have houses that need help! We married scientists, not carpenters. But my hubby did help install our flooring too. I get a lot of sewing inspiration from my MIL as well. In fact, we've opened an online fabric shop together. Thanks for visiting my blog too. (Sew Good Sew Far, my link on here will probably go to my business blog, Crafty Girls Workshop)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, what a great time you all had together!
    Makes me wish I was there too!

    I haven't seen that book before but it looks like I should check into it, huh?

    Congrats on getting so much done and having fun while you did it all, what lovely memories you'll have every time you look at your new floor.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy, I want to be like both of them also! My knees are hurting already! What a great accomplishment that you all did together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Pokey,
    Love those fabrics.
    And if Your mom and dad can get down on the floor and help I guess we can do our floor.
    We have been wanting to put in a wood floor in our house for a while maybe this is the year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've just been visiting various blog posts. Wow lots of lovely work. I can sympathize with the flooring. Husband and Son just installed new bamboo laminate flooing in my new sewing space. So easy to keep clean too. Your hickory is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey