Saturday, June 29, 2013

Google Reader---*sigh*

I'll just let the title do my whining for me. No, I haven't started reading from Bloglovin' but, as of Monday that will have to be the case.... So, if you still want to see my puny posts you can push this button:

Follow on Bloglovin 
Miss Empress hit the nail on the head for my emotions for this year (although I did not suffer from her health issues, bless her heart!) I'm working on putting the sewing room -and the rest of the house- in order. There are several ufo's that have a date with my quilt frame for this summer break. I want to do some new sewing projects, 
but I really M.U.S.T. get some finishes going on, tooo!!!



 This was the most recent project to be worked on-a table runner or small quilt, inspired by the creative Tina of Seaside Stitches


 And no, it is not finished.


 
This was a pif I received from the  clever quilter Jan.
 I was so surprised to read that she only began quilting 3 years ago! She has her finger on the pulse of modern, look at her newest quilt here


My husband and graphic designer Larry thought Jan's choice of fabric for the backing was really sharp, the text print is from Ikea!



This is how far my Wiggly Whimsy has gotten. I was inspired by Moda Bake Shop, and sweet Terry (who has her quilt completed).

This pretty blue one is ready for the quilt frame. 
 This was sewn by my dear friend Ginny, 
and she plans to use it for a tablecloth, 
to match her new dishes :-}



~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


The sewing room? 
Well, I'm trying to sort through as I go... 
but here is the progress....


See my folks rocking chair? not much sitting my "seat" in it recently, lol
 We bought this wood cabinet for $23 at a favorite local thrift store. Larry talked me into only painting the front face of it (that is how I did our kitchen cabinets) and I think he was right. 

The shelves and cabinet (far back in this shot) are built into what was the closet in this bedroom. I have been accumulating the Jack Daniel's boxes every trip to Costco because they are so strong, and fit perfectly in the 14 inch shelving. 

(Yes, I'm following the example given by Karen, and that knockout creative suite of hers, I can hardly call hers just a sewing room!) I have wrapping paper, but haven't started covering the boxes. 
No, we didn't drink a drop of this, but Larry and I both like the look of the black and white type :-}



This cabinet came from a garage sale, we painted it black to go with the other stuff in this room. The wire baskets were donated to the school, and since they went unclaimed, they came home to help organize this stash accumulation. 
Not sure what will go where, but trying to move forward....


 That's all for now, I'll be seeing you on bloglovin' ~

Happy quilting!






"We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power 
may be of God and not of us."  2 Corinthians 4:7

















20 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're off to a good start with your summer vacation, Pokey! I need to tackle my sewing room and get it back into shape as well... but mine is much worse than you. In fact, I think yours looks pretty good!

    Happy Summer!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful, quilty summer. These summers go waaaaaay too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wiggly whimsy looks great! And I really love the blue version! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have a fun-filled summer planned. Though, organizing wouldn't necessarily be categorized as fun, it is fulfilling once done! Loving the quilts you need to finish...we won't even talk about mine. ~grin~ Take care and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh Summer Vacation - where the weeks stretch out ahead of you and you have time to plan and get everything done. Good Luck with your sorting (and I sincerely hope there is plenty of time to get some of those projects finished too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not too thrilled about the change either! I haven't even figured out how to post to Bloglovin' yet. Grrr. I rather look at quilts on pinterest instead. I guess I'll have to read up on what to do AGAIN. LOVE your bright, small table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you have lots of lovely UFOs to play with over the break. I love the table runner. The colours are so bright and cheerful. Have fun with that one.
    I love the discovery process that occurs when I sort in my sewing room. It always gives me inspiration. Hope it goes smoothly for you.
    Looks like some great finds with the cabinets!
    I have been playing with the different readers for a while now and have found that Feedly suits my likes. Hope you enjoy using Bloglovin!
    Smile - it's Summer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha.... I didn't have to push the button. I used a Bloglovin' feature to import all my Google feed. And that is how I got here today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not happy with the changes either, but Google doesn't care about any of us and since Blogger is free, I guess we have to eat what they feed us. I have Bloglovin and hope you stop by, but not sure how to post comments yet! Enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fabric s you are using in your little friendship stars. So happy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes we just have to go through a lot of piles to get to a place where we can work. Looks like you're plugging along very well, though I'm sure it doesn't feel like progress to you. In a few weeks, I bet we'll read updates about the great progress you've made, in your room organization, and with your quilts. Hang tough!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sewing room is looking good mom. You know you will get your projects done you always do. It will be fun to have a sewing room huh? One of your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been busy! Love the cabinet with only the front painted. Also love those little stars. It's always fun to peek in on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear... Blogin Vogin etc. etc.,, hope this comes through! Of course I will push the button you wonderful Quilting great guru

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty things to look at on your post today, Pokey. Your sewing room is going to be wonderful - lots of work getting things together but it will be worth every minute. Enjoy your summer!!! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colors in your table runner are so bright and cheerful! :-) I really like the Wiggly Whimsy quilts and I think it's a great idea for your friend to use it as a tablecloth. I've been thinking about making myself some "quilted" table cloths too recently. Lots of scope for the imagination there!

    I'm glad to know that you all didn't empty all those Jack Daniel's boxes personally! LOL That would take some serious drinking there! ;-)

    Good times organizing the sewing room. I need to do mine again soon. I have some new ideas for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many fun things to look at today. Love Ginny's blue and yellow quilt. Would enjoy seeing those new dishes of hers. Tried to get on bloglovin but it kept saying my email was wrong....what's with that. I'll keep trying tho.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just popping in to wish you a Happy 4th! Your sewing room is inspiring and I love the thrift store cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How is the sewing room coming along?
    Are you shaking off the work blues and enjoying the freedom of summer?
    I sure hope so!

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you have a lot of things going on at one time! I have been inspired. Your small table top quilt is adorable, very bright and cheery - just soooo cute. Your sewing room redecorate is coming along too! I like how you painted the front only. So sorry to hear about the loss of your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey