Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Week That Was ~

Mandatory Parent Teacher Conferences are complete! I've met with all of my 23 student's parents, but my schedule had me at school until 5:30 or 6 because of the working parents needing later times. Even with all the business, I've had a good week. I taught Monday and Tuesday and jury duty Wednesday which ended up being 2 phone calls before dismissal (for which I was grateful). 



Thursday morning Ginny and I went and directed the swapping of 48 sets of I Spy bags, 2 prints each (so we ended up with 96 prints). Our teacher has 5 classes she instructs, ours is on Monday night in a different city, but Susan travels between three cities, and the 3 quilting classes participated in the swap. It took all of a 3 hour class time to do the exchange! The ladies in that class were friendly and helpful, everyone oo-ohed and awed over the prints, and yes I'd host a swap again. So many people were interested that missed out on this swap, that we may end up hosting the same thing in the Spring semester. There were a few repeats but that is to be expected.



With the I Spy swap I participated in online, thanks to dear Karen of Sew Many Ways, I now have enough prints to do a couple of these novelty quilts. I want to finish one for my class of second graders. I Spy books have been a favorite of this age group for every year I've worked with 5, 6, 7 and 8 year olds.

These are my 4 blocks for Block Lotto this month. This is another great pattern of Bonnie Hunter. I'm always a bit surprised when I speak of her to quilters who don't know about her!

 I wanted to do at least 4 blocks, so I could lay then out in the diamond, and the X.
 
Friday, Ginny and I worked to complete the borders on the last of her grandkid's gift quilts. Now, they are ready for the quilting machine. Maybe my next post will be a "what's on the frame" ...hoo,hoo!


bpSignature2 "Seeing that we are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith..." Hebrews 12:1,2




21 comments:

  1. You sure do get a lot done!!! I love I Spy blocks...you'll have great fun putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there...been wondering...how is the new sewing room coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy with lots of interesting things going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey to you, Rhonda! Truthfully, the sewing room is on the back burner due to time, money, sickness and other promises to keep before Christmas. We did get the baseboards in, but not caulked. Thank you for asking, I'm hoping now it will see some progress over Christmas break. What can I say, I'm "pokey"?
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, when that parent teacher conference ended, you hit the ground running!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't envy you all those mandatory conferences... but they are a necessary evil... just wish there was some easier way to do it so teachers don't have to work so late...

    Love all those I Spy fabrics... what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blocks for the block lotto. I am always amazed at how different blocks look when laid out differently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The I Spy swap fabrics are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure are getting a lot done...pokey.lol
    Have a blessed day. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love I spy quilts. Swapping fabric is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad all your parents made it in for conferences. (This is the first time in decades that the parents of *all* my students made it in! Hooray!)
    Love your I Spy fabric collections. I love looking at them, but I'm not so great about making I Spy quilts--probably because I'm not patient enough to collect all the fabrics. Yours are wonderfully colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How timely! I just finished making an I-Spy quilt for grandsons, for Christmas. I participated in a 5" block swap organized by Carla of Lollyquiltz, and have enough for blocks left for another quilt, for another grandson. Funny how I never thought I'd ever make an I-Spy quilt... and how time has a way of changing things! You'll have fun making yours, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love I Spy quilts. Big job being in charge tho. Nice to have Ginny there to help. The Lotto Blocks look so different from each other. Fun how the same blocks can look so different with placement or even color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woo Hoo...jury duty...glad you dodged that bullet!!

    Sounds like this was a really busy week indeed! I am soooo with you about Bonnie Hunter. I always just assume everybody knows her!!

    I LOVE this months block lotto...I've got to get in there and get mine done!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The I Spy quilts are just adorable! Ooh, and I love those Around the World blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've been productive. Yay for you! I always manage to dodge jury duty too. I am so glad as I would be nervous about it. You have some time off next week, right?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, those blocks are SOOOOOO adorable. So good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute I Spy fabrics! I'm amassing a few for some great-nephew quilts, myself, but won't even get started for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Pokey I love your I Spy squares! The swap is a great way to enhance your collection. I can't wait to see the quilts. Take care. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Pokey!

    I am trying to get my Block Lotto blocks started today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many pretty blocks, the kids will love those eye spy quilts. I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey