Sunday, March 15, 2015

March Progress

This top is made from the Wonky Checkerboard quilt blocks that I won years ago (2011) in Block Lotto. I love the colors and how they came together. It was sewn into a top, and then put away for a time . . . why do we do that?!? Well, this time there is a plan! I needed to have a fundraiser item at my school, and can you think of anything better for school kids than this fun, bright top? . . . now, I need to get it quilted . . . .





These blocks are the February and March entries for the Night Owls Quilt Guild, and I'm current, for the moment anyway.  

 


My goal is to have the white print and the black heath print in each block, and to add color that pops.

So far, only green and blue, but I haven't decided to keep with only those colors.











This is my latest photo of my sweetheart. 
He looks wonderful! He has so appreciated the drs. that he is dealing with, and the wonderful Christian brothers and sisters of Bethany Baptist Church of Makati, Philippines.   

AND, he is supposed to come home on Friday, YiPpEe!! EDITED TO ADD: Nope, the date is now Wednesday, 3/25.
Thank you for your continued prayers as there are still some things to work out, like the approval of a visa for his caregiver "Saint John", and other stuff. I say, God has shown us so many things that He has moved in, that this is the faith part that we need to have now. Thank you for praying!










"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah." Psalm 68:19







19 comments:

  1. Your brights are so pretty all together. Yes, God is faithful! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! So happy that he is doing well and will be home soon! Your quilt is perfect for the school fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you that your husband is well and coming home! I made some of those blocks for block lotto. It's fun to see them again. Dutchman's Puzzle might be my all time favorite block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to read about your husband's progress. How wonderful to have him home soon.

    Ps. You made those lotto blocks look good! When it's finished, please be sure to post a show & tell with the photo on Blocklotto.com for the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry is looking great! Yeah for the 25th. Love the Wonky checkerboard with all those bright colors. We do seem to lose interest for awhile on a project and when we bring it back out it thrills us again. The blue and green quilt looks like a lot of fun to work on. Looking forward to seeing all the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to use your checkerboard blocks. That will be a perfect fund raiser.
    So pleased to know Larry is making great progress. It will be wonderful to have him home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was looking at the Facebook page and it looks like Larry got to come home Friday after all? How wonderful for you both! What an ordeal. What a blessing to get on the other side of it! :-) Praise the Lord for His kindness to you both throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear Pokey, you have had quite a year friend. I pray that everything is well your way. I feel so bad that I didn't know what was going on so I could join you all in prayer. I've been hit and miss in blogland for the past 2 years, barely hanging on. I'm finally able to come back. I have missed you girl and thought about you and Larry often! Our God is so good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pokey, haven't heard from you for awhile. Hope all is well with you and Larry. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. POKEY ARE YOU AND LARRY OKAY?

    Thinking of you sending warm hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Come back!! I am going to revise my blog, cause of you!!! So, glad I got to sit and know you a little bit. xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola! I have a question. Do you know where to buy aronia melanocarpa?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey