Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hello, Again!




It has been almost 4 months since last posting! I hope to connect with friends again. Summer passed,



 Papa working over his new toy, a featherweight I  sewed on during our visit back home in Nebraska ~


 "Eye of the Needle" natural rock formation, 
South Dakota.
Just one of the many fun places we visited ~

 

Larry loves the horses~









We enjoyed the break, 


school began,
Just a few of my 25 kiddos in our classroom library, first day of school photos ~



and then, I was not able to post anything because a widget took over the pokeydot blog! Naughty lil' widget!



Until I was able to get tech help, sharing was on hold. So, here are a few pictures of the creativity that continued even without posting. . . you know you don't quit making stuff when the sewing gene is in your DNA!

 

 can hardly wait to show this progress



 a baby quilt for Kathy




This Batik braid quilt was beautiful, and remained square! I was so impressed with Donna's piecing. I quilted it with a swirl pattern ~



 My sweet friend Nancy, and this lovely quilt she pieced, I quilted and bound it for her niece ~
















These are two small table toppers, about 36". Same colors,  pieced by Donna, and I quilted with a beautiful variegated thread ~

















Another of Kathy's that I was lucky to get to quilt. Can't remember the magazine she used, this was published this summer called "Rain Bows". The photo isn't true to color, it was stark white!



This sweet baby boy's quilt 
was for My bbf's grandbaby, 
Gavin. Beth did the embroidery, 
I pieced and quilted it. 
I can't find a finished photo!


This is Kathy, and her gift to her dd for her birthday in October. I quilted with stars,  the word "Boo" and a spiderweb here and there  


While in Nebraska, I was able to visit with fellow quilter and blogger, Elaine! Sorry that this wasn't put up before now Elaine, but I sure enjoyed our little visit. Go see her quilting skills here ~  











Hope to find other pictures and post them soon. Until then, good to be back!









"I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD." Psalm 122:1



23 comments:

  1. Well, hello there too!!! Wow, looks pretty eventful for your time off. Looks mainly like a lot of fun!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for remembering lil' ol' pokeydot ~

      Delete
  2. So nice to see you back in blogland! Looks like you have been keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you again! I know how it can be with tech stuff. It does look like you have been busy. What a nice visit to Nebraska. I passed through the state a long time ago, during sun down and got the most beautiful photos of a sunset! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pokey! So happy to see you! And, that all is well. Busy gal...yes, one does not quit making just cuz one isn't blogging! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. This reminds me that we are all busy whether we blog about it or not. Hope school is going well and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Looks like you have been having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like it was a great 4 months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah Pokey is back, I was worrying about you!
    Looks like all is well and you've been quilting up a storm!

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wondering what you were up to for the last 4 months. Glad to see you have been busy and having fun. I love the snowmen faces and have wanted to make one for awhile. Now that I am retired maybe I will find the time. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, nice to see you back in blog land. You have had a busy Summer.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back Pokey . Nice to see you haven't been idle in your absence. Some real gems of creativity going on in the Davis household !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you back again and with lots of pretty evidences of what you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, thanks for catching us up again! Wonderful trip and wonderful quilts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to have you back and to see what you have been up to.
    Great to see you have been stitching away as well as enjoying your break.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy to see a post by Pokey this morning!!! And such a fun one, too. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you had a nice summer! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwww. the photos are fabulous, cyberhugs to you Pokey! Kathy's Halloween quilt is beautiful! That is what happens when you have a friend with the sewing gene in their DNA ! xoxo to all @ SD group!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back! That widget doesn't even look mean at all - wow, those things can be so scary!!! Good for you keeping track of what you've sewn while your blog was on enforced break :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're sure a busy, busy girl! welcome back to blogland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back, Pokey! Looks like you have been busy with many things during your time away. How fun to get to visit with Elaine. Hers was one of the first quilting blogs I ever read, and still do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the recap of the things you did, glad you conquered the blog stealing widget!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Pokey! I have missed you! I haven't been able to keep up with reading blogs or posting very often either. You have been very busy with your quilting and life. Thank you for showing us the pictures of your trip, your great students and WOW! The awesome quilts, I love seeing others creativity! I would love to meet some of my blogging friends. I will check out Elaine tonight. Right now the students are returning after lunch recess. I take a couple of seconds to clear my mind at lunch before tackling the afternoons! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to peek in! If you say hi, I do my best to send back the love :-}pokey