This is truly a time for the Davis family to be thankful! As Lydia and Jeff are approaching their first anniversary, and my sweet Larry's health is doing so much better than last year, I'm grateful. We have dinner in the works. The house smells like Pumpkin Pie Cake today, yum! The still frozen turkey is thawing. Cornbread stuffin' with my Momma's recipe is happening either later today or early tomorrow. The zucchini is grated for bread, here's the recipe for you:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup oil (sometimes I use 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup softened butter
1. Grease and flour two 8x4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugars together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
4. Combine topping ingredients, cutting in butter. Topping can be sprinkled on before baking, or after the first 10 minutes of baking to keep it from sinking.
5. Bake for 40 - 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ginny's two quilts for Kaylee were quilted this weekend, one is a dolly quilt made to match Kaylee's, and both are adorable ~
We planned both blankets around the cute paper doll print, which when she bought it a year back, she only got one yard. Much planning around the little amount made us use all but a couple of 4 inch squares!
We chose the coordinates to match prints of the little doll dresses ~
~ To all the sweet ladies who come visiting via the blog, thank you for your friendship and comments! They bless my heart, and I'm sending back many hugs to you. I'm grateful for you, your creativity and inspiration through your blogs. Happy Thanksgiving, be it your holiday now or on another day ~
Psalm 100: 1-5
Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before His presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD He is God: It is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations.